Wairarapa Bush RIPPA MANAGER – Full-time 40 Hours per week
WBRU RIPPA Manager
Wairarapa Bush Rugby Union
Game Development Manager
WBRU Operations Manager
Purpose of the RIPPA Manager Role:
Wairarapa Bush Rugby Union has seen significant growth in our junior rugby and RIPPA tournaments. With the increased appeal of rugby and RIPPA for both boys and girls, the WBRU is well placed to grow our enjoyable RIPPA format and link the young players to our rugby clubs.
The RIPPA Manager primary role will be to co-ordinate, administer and promote RIPPA rugby at all levels our game and develop long-term relationships between the primary schools and junior rugby clubs. The main RIPPA program will run from Term 1 to Term 4 of each calendar year.
Our target is to increase RIPPA and Junior player numbers to 1,500 by 2024.
Applications Close 24 February 2023
Send CV to Tony Hargood by way of email firstname.lastname@example.org
As the RIPPA MANAGER
· You will be the lead and run all RIPPA programs including the delivery within the Wairarapa
· Develop plans and strategies to link RIPPA players into Junior Rugby Clubs
· Promote RIPPA tournaments for both boys and girls
· Work closely with the Junior Rugby Clubs, Primary and Intermediates Schools
· Maintain and foster links with our rural schools to ensure RIPPA is delivered to everyone in our union.
· Deliver Smalls Blacks and RIPPA coaching courses in conjunction with the Junior Rugby Manager and the Game Development Manager.
· Report Monthly to the CEO on registrations, tournaments and initiatives.
Draws and Results
· You will take the lead on creating the annual draws and results for all grades (Seniors to Juniors)
· Recording of game day statistics, e.g. tries, cards and referee reports.
· Publish on a timely manner
Smalls Blacks and RIPPA Educator
· Work closely with Junior Rugby Manager and Game Development Manager and assist in the delivery of the Small Blacks and RIPPA coaching courses.
· Assist in the delivery of other community rugby or representative events during the representative season (primarily at Memorial Park) as and when required.
Authorities / Dimensions of the job:
· This role doesn’t control a budget
Reporting and Performance Review information
· Annual RIPPA Strategy and Implementation Report for the Board and members
· Monthly RIPPA Report for the CEO
· Various Primary, Intermediate Secondary School, and junior rugby clubs contacts.
· All WBRU Rugby Union Staff
Competencies / Attributes:
· This is an entry level position for a person who wants to start a career in rugby. You may have completed a sports degree or would like to start a new career in sports administration but are prepared to commit to further education and or professional development which WBRU will provide time and support.
· Takes a logical, structured approach to planning and completing workload.
· Mainly school hours with the flexibility of some after school and some school holiday work.
Communication / People Skills
· Easily establishes rapport with young people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
· Effectively builds and maintains effective long-term networks and relationships with key stakeholders.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Teamwork
· Builds and maintains effective working relationships and manages groups skillfully.
· Readily shares information and knowledge with colleagues.
· Genuinely attempts to resolve conflicts when they arise. Police Check
· As you will be working predominantly with people under 15, you will need to agree to police vetted.
Leave a Reply